Thursday, March 26, 2015

Year One ~ Health, Diet & Exercise

February 24, 2013 ~ Marks one year post op Nissen Fundoplication

As you can see from my previous post there is no need for me to have an EGD as it was completed earlier this month, while in the Hospital. The Results: NO BE (Barrett's Esophagus), my esophagus looks good, my wrap is intact, my stomach issues are slowly going away and my life is returning to normal.

Let me start off with Diet ~ One Year Mark (via my journal - daily intake log)
I'm still eating several small meals a day (breakfast, snack, lunch, shake, dinner and the occasional dessert). I'm pretty much able to eat and drink what I want in moderation. 

Example of a daily meal: 

Breakfast ~ Fresh Fruit, greek yogurt, granola or english muffin (I've re-introduced bread into my diet - and with this addition I have seen an increase in my gas, bloat and gaining weight) or I have two eggs, fruit and toast. 
Snack ~ one of the following: greek yogurt, nuts, fresh fruit (apple, orange - this causes issues sometimes but I live in Indian River County, FL the home of citrus, peaches or fresh berries - pretty much whatever is in season) 
Lunch ~ Pretty much whatever my heart tells me I want - well my stomach anyways! 
I can eat sandwiches (even Publix Subs), I've tried fast food - my stomach wants it but doesn't thank me after I eat it and Sushi - owe how I've missed you old friend. Probably, my favorite part of healing was being able to each sushi again. 
Snack ~ Protein Shake - generally or just a yogurt (I eat lots of greek yogurt -it seems to help my gut) 
Dinner ~ "my long lost friend" I cook, love to cook for my boys & husband and this was probably one of the hardest parts of healing. I ate items maybe before I was supposed to.. Well, at a year I can eat pretty much what ever I want. I've enjoyed steak (remember to chew), chicken, pork, fish, pasta, take out - not a fan. 
Dessert ~ This is a hard one for me - it appears that sugar is a trigger (it burns my throat at times and makes my ears hurt). I can eat ice cream with a little bit of milk added to the top..yum yum!! 

Triggers: I still have issues with tomatoes, onions (raw), foods associated with gas production, sugar

Health: Having trouble regulating my blood sugar - it is always very low, iron deficiency - it is very low even after the transfusion and my energy level declines as the day goes on.  

Exercise: I still walk miles a day - love my daily walks along the river what a beautiful sight, I do minimal weight training - less then 10lbs and yoga.  

Overall I am so happy that I decided to have this surgery. The side effects are worth the return to Normal and no longer living with GERD. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi. Thanks for posting and am glad to hear that you are doing better. I had two Nissen surgeries for my PEH within 6 months apart because the first one failed. It has now been a year since my last surgery but I am afraid to exercise because of fear of needing another revision. I have tried looking up info about ab work and yoga. I see that you have been able to do yoga, in your op, do you think it would be safe t do crunches and moderate or advanced yoga? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,HPV,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Weak Erection,Love Spell,Leukemia,Lun,Fribroid,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When did you reintroduce sushi?

    ReplyDelete